b-hebrew - Diachronic studies, Dating Hebrew forms (Tadmor)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Banyai Michael" <banyai AT t-online.de>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Diachronic studies, Dating Hebrew forms (Tadmor)
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 7:2:6

Walter Mattfeld wrote:

> The Chronicler ascribed the foundation of Tadmor to Solomon along with his
> mighty chariot cities. Tadmor is mentioned in Assyrian annals, but to date,
> excavations have failed to turn up any structures earlier than the first
> century BCE when the present ruined city was founded as a Late Hellenistic
> creation.

> so I would date
> Chronicles to not any earlier than the 1st century BCE.

Do you mean this serious? I follow you (snip) and date for myself the
Assyrian annaly too to the 1st century BCE...

Please sleep once more over this idea.

Sometimes I wonder and I ask myself, why do you want partout to have the
Chronicles and so on Late Hellenistic. Is it fashionable, or why?

There is no problem to show you markers in the text presupposing a partial
pre-exilic date.

Best regards,