b-hebrew - Re[3]: YIQTOL with past meaning

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bailey AT gmx.de>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[3]: YIQTOL with past meaning
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:28:04 +0100

Dear Rolf:

Thanks very much for the recommendations. I had just learned of Diethelm
Michel,
apparently the ringleader of the "Mainz Crew" of Old Testament theologians
who have
quite a bit to do with epigraphy and Hebrew syntax.

However, I have been aware from the beginning that there are different
approaches to
the Hebrew verbal system, but I was specifically asking about your position
concerning the "close up narrative" idea of the yiqtol. I will be sure to
pick up your book
when I have the time and money.

But thanks again for the references.

"If there are many wisemen in a city, this means that the city will soon
fall."
Babylonian proverb

Jonathan Bailey
Hochschule für Jüdische Studien