b-hebrew - Re: S R Driver on Verb Tenses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: S R Driver on Verb Tenses
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:35:47 +0100

Dear Clay,

It is definitely worth $ 10 if your purpose by acquiring it, is to learn
something about Hebrew verbs. Vincent DeCaen (he is on the list) has shown
that Driver was a much more original thinker than Waltke/O'Connor portrays
him. While his model as a whole must be rejected, there are great amounts
of insights in his book. If you work with the Hebrew verbal system, this is
a book you *must* have read.

Regards

Rolf

Rolf Furuli