b-hebrew - Clarification on Mattfeld

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Clarification on Mattfeld
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:44:31 +0100

I want to dispel the notion that I am a Doctor, it has arisen from time to
time in a few posts, from people whom, I assume are being polite, in
responding to the scholarly posts I have written. I am an amateur Bible
scholar. I do possess a Master of Arts Degree in Education with an emphasis
in Social Sciences, and am by profession of teacher of history for students
aged 14 yrs.

I'm not upset with anybody, I just wanted to set the record straight. Others
have complimented me for my excellent English, evidently believing I am a
German scholar. This is another mis-guided notion, I am an American, living
in Germany, my ancestors being Germans.

I have enjoyed the exchange of ideas about the historicity of the biblical
texts and the sharing of different views about the date of the Exodus. The
criticisms have been welcomed- it shows someone out there cares.

Al the best,

Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld
Walldorf by Heidelberg
Baden-Wurttemburg
Germany

  • Clarification on Mattfeld, Walter Mattfeld, 01/29/2000