b-hebrew - differing Kings/Chronicles perspectives

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <brocine AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: differing Kings/Chronicles perspectives
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:02:44 -0500

B-Haverim,

Would you kindly recommend to me a bibliography that
contrasts the different writer perspectives exhibited in
Kings versus Chronicles? Would you include the names of
your favorite "harmonies" of Kings/Chronicles?

I am most interested in the Chronicles' emphasis on worship
at the Temple. Only Chronicles includes so much material on
David's bringing the ark into Jerusalem; David's
preparations for building the Temple; the victory-in-praise
of Jehoshaphat over Moab, Ammon, and Edom; Passover services
at the times of Hezekiah and Josiah, etc. I take the
favoring of the data towards worship at the Temple to
reflect a post-exile interest in restoration of Temple
worship.

Thanks for your help.

Shalom,
Bryan

B. M. Rocine
Associate Pastor
Living Word Church
6101 Court St. Rd.
Syracuse, NY 13206

(office) 315.437.6744
(home) 315.479.8267

  • differing Kings/Chronicles perspectives, Bryan Rocine, 01/28/2000