b-hebrew - Re: SP nwe Aramaic grammer:; comments wanted

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: jharper AT ix.netcom.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: SP nwe Aramaic grammer:; comments wanted
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 21:47:25 -0500 (EST)

On 11/27/99 18:18:07 Ken wrote:

> WHile at SL last weekend, I didn't see the new Aramaic grammer from
>Scholars Press. Did anyone see it and does anyone have an iopinion on
>it? Would it be worth ordering for self-study? I've never taken an
>Aramaic course, and at the moment have no space in my schedule to do
>so.I have Rosenthal's grammer but that is not a book for learning
>Aramaic from so far as I can tell. Thanks.

Ken, I can't say anything about the new grammar from Scholars' Press, but
you're certainly right
bout Rosenthal. It's a reference grammar. Our first year Aramaic class uses
it in conjunction
with Yerushalmi's inductive study of Ezra and Daniel, available from HUC/JIR.

Jane Harper
Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA