b-hebrew - Re: Typology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "somi" <somie AT home.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Typology
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 02:12:30 -0800

Is it not possible that the typology used in the NT can serve as guides to
our discovery of other types in the OT? This is not to say that we are able
now to over-typologize everything in the OT...but our "narrow" view of
typology (by reducing them to ONLY the examples found in the NT) may blind
us from other types intended by the inspired text.

Just a thought.

Blessings,
Somi.