b-hebrew - Re: Typology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bailey AT gmx.de>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Typology
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:36:54 +0100

What do you mean by legitimate? Certainly the only types that a believer in
the
plenary inspiration of the Old and New testaments can claim with absolute
certainty
on every forum to to be able to interpret dogmattically are those that have
been
interpreted for him by the New Testament. The others need not be thrown in the
trash, though. If one is willing to accept that one can not interpret a type
with absolute
certainty, and is willing to act accordingly, then one can certainly make
profitable use
of the wealth of symbolism of the Old Testament for the feeding of the Flock.
It is
precisely this which ministers in our churches do not do enough of, in my
opinion.

Jonathan Bailey
MA Kandidat
Hochschule für Jüdische Studien