b-hebrew - replying to messages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <brocine AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: replying to messages
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 09:00:17 -0400

Dear Joe,

You have responded correctly. Your reply must be one of the
first two since you have subscribed (or re-subscribed) to
the list. In such a case, a member's first two postings are
sent to the b-hebrew staff for approval prior to their being
posted. The approval process may take as much as
twenty-four hours. Sorry for the delay! But this policy
helps us maintain a bit of control over inappropriate
postings that may inconvenience the membership. After a
member has posted successfully twice, his posts will no
longer come through the staff for approval, and the posts
should appear on list as quickly as Lyris, our host, can
process them. You have now had two posts approved, so your
future posts will go automatically to the list. Thanks for
your patience.

Bryan Rocine
b-hebrew staff