b-hebrew - Re: Pressure

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Pressure
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:28:51 -0400

At 01:15 PM 4/30/99 -0500, you wrote:

>My negative sweeping statements, however, are directed primarily at the
>doctrine of a religious sect, not at "another person's belief system,"
>as you say - even though I suspect that someone might take offense.
>It is not I however, who have said that all other religions - all of
>them - are in error, and apostasy from the one true God. That, Greg, IS
>JW doctrine - supported by such inflammatory tracts as "Let God Be
>True," or "Should You Believe in the Trinity."

I protest. This kind of thing has no place whatsoever on an academic list.
Can we leave aside denominational bickering please? Or have we returned to
the post reformation period where religious wars can break out (even in
cyberspace)?

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

fax- 978-231-5986
email- jwest AT highland.net
web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

  • Re: Pressure, Gregory and Carol Yeager, 04/30/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Pressure, Jim West, 04/30/1999