b-hebrew - Re[2]: Sender identification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, KirkLowery AT xc.org
  • Subject: Re[2]: Sender identification
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:14:57 -0400

Dear Kirk,

Just one littel problem with your response on "sender identification".
You wrote "Usually the ID of the "From:" line is sufficient."
Unfortunately not all mail systems pass this on to the end user - the
only identification I get with incoming internet E-mails (i.e. from
outside our corporate cc:Mail system) is the internet address - I do
not receive whatever people add between <...> in the From: line. For
this reason it would be helpful for people to put their name (or at
least however they choose to identify themselves) at the end of their
postings and not just in the From: line. For my part, it doesn't
matter too much how people identify themselves, but it does seem
rather unfriendly to write "Dear gs02wmr".

Peter Kirk