b-hebrew - Re: Complete BHS for Computer

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Casanellas <pere.casanellas AT bcn.servicom.es>
  • To: WordHider AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Complete BHS for Computer
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 18:15:27 +0100

At 18:36 5/11/98, Shawna P.Steiner wrote:

>I am looking for a complete BHS for computer (preferably for Windows, but DOS
>would be OK). I need a text that contains all vowel points, accents,
>dageshim, and diacritical marks that occur in the BHS. Does anyone have one
>you would recommend? If so, where might I acquire such a treasure?

You can buy the Judaica Press complete Tanach with Rashi, in both Hebrew
(with vowels and cantillation marks) and English (it costs $ 99) at:

Davka
7074 N. Western Avenue, Chicago, IL 60645
Tel: (773) 465 4070 Fax: (773) 262 9298
www.davka.com

It is not the BHS edition, but it is based on the 1895 Warsaw edition of
the Mikraot Gedolot (which has been compared with other versions such as
the Jerusalem Koren Tanach).

BibleWorks 4.0 (available on January, www.bibleworks.com) will have the
complete BHS with vowels and with always the same mark on the accented
sillable of the word.

Sincerely,

Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pere.casanellas AT bcn.servicom.es
pcasanel AT pie.xtec.es
Phone & fax: +34-93-417 90 00
Carrer Anna Piferrer, 11
E-08023 Barcelona