anima - [Anima Dance] intro to modern dance, yoga workshop

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] intro to modern dance, yoga workshop
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:57:45 -0400

Hi All--
Here's a bit more info about the classes and workshop I'll be teaching this fall. I also have (finally) updated my webpage-- www.animadance.org. Take a look!
Rachel

Intro to Modern Dance
Durham Arts Council, www.durhamarts.org
Explore the many possibilities of modern dance. We'll begin with a basic warmup that brings awareness to the entire body and gets us ready to move- then we'll learn longer movement sequences, sometimes working with partners, and generally getting a move on! This class is appropriate for beginning dancers or those with less than two years experience.
Tuesdays, 8:15-9:30 pm
September 13- October 18 (6 weeks)
November 1- December 13 (no class November 15)
$84 per session
Registration information at:
http://www.durhamarts.org/classes_registration.html

Introduction to Yoga Workshop
Ninth Street Dance, Saturday, October 29th, 3:30-5:00
Have you been hearing about the health benefits of practicing yoga but been hesitant to take that first step of signing up for a class? Then this workshop is for you! Basic hatha yoga poses will be explored in a gentle, supportive atmosphere; all fitness levels welcome. $15
To register, contact Ninth Street Dance, (919)286-6011, www.ninthstreetdance.com.

  • [Anima Dance] intro to modern dance, yoga workshop, Rachel Brooker, 08/23/2005