aifia-metrics - RE: [Aifia-metrics] Agenda for the group

aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Towards standard methods and metrics for evaluating IA

  • From: Rashmi Sinha <rashmi AT rashmisinha.com>
  • To: aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Aifia-metrics] Agenda for the group
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:32:43 -0700

Hi,

Below I have summed up the jist of the comments on the agenda for the group:

-Scope of initiative should be broad. Should include evaluation methods, metrics, guidelines, patterns, rules-of-thumb, do's and don't. For every such contribution, it would be nice to know what worked and what did not.

-Bottom up approach (letting people share methods and measures) is appropriate right now. For this some sort of a community infrastructure for sharing is needed.

-Top down approach (standards etc.) are a worthy goal and worth aiming for. We do not know enough to push ahead with that currently. But its important to keep that in mind as we go on with the project.

Can we go around and get some feedback, suggestions on this summary? Some quick ay's and nay's, suggestions, refinements would be great. Lets make sure to hear from everyone on the list before we forge ahead.

cheers!

-rashmi