aifia-metrics - [Aifia-metrics] Agenda for the group

aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Towards standard methods and metrics for evaluating IA

  • From: Rashmi Sinha <rashmi AT rashmisinha.com>
  • To: <aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Aifia-metrics] Agenda for the group
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:14:28 -0700

Hi all,
Lets try to think about the agenda for this group should be over the next few days. I had laid down a preliminary agenda in the first message to this group (look in the archives). What are your thoughts?

Some questions questions that we need to think about.
-What should be the scope of the group?
-Should this be a top-down or bottom-up approach or a mix of the two. i.e., should we actually propose some standard methods and metrics, or simply create a community infrastructure for it to emerge (a place for sharing your own material and accessing other's shared materials).

It would be nice to hear many perspectives on this issue before we move on to actually defining this group's agenda.

Also, it would be nice to know who is part of this group. If you feel like it, then add a line of introduction with your message.

To start it off: I am Rashmi Sinha, an independent consultant based in San Francisco. In a previous life I used to be an academician. You can find out everything you ever wanted to know about me (and more) at www.rashmisinha.com :-)

cheers!
-Rashmi

Note. Since this is a working group with specific objectives, we need to give periodic (beginning of every month) updates to AIfIA regarding our progress.