aifia-metrics - Issues (WAS: RE: Fw: [Aifia-metrics] Fw: Survey: gauging interest in the"W3Cusability interest group")

aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Towards standard methods and metrics for evaluating IA

  • From: "Peter Boersma" <peter.boersma AT ezgov.com>
  • To: <aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Issues (WAS: RE: Fw: [Aifia-metrics] Fw: Survey: gauging interest in the"W3Cusability interest group")
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:52:56 +0200

Rashmi asked:
> I am looking forward to
> hearing from you all about your goals in joining this list. What are the
> sort of issues related to IA and evaluation this group should focus on?
> What are the kind of frustrations regarding evaluation that you face in
> your own work?

The focus on a shared evaluation questionnaire (is that what you're aiming
at?) seems too limited for me. Besides, there are other initiatives that
cover this, including, IIRC, NIST's Common Industry Format (see:
http://zing.ncsl.nist.gov/iusr/index.html).

I realize that "metrics" are often used as evaluation measures, but I'd like
to see the scope widened to design measures as well. Or am I misinterpreting
"metric"? Does that exclude guidelines, patterns, rules-of-thumb, do's,
etc.?

Peter
--
Peter Boersma, Senior Information Architect, EzGov
"De Schinkel", Rijnsburgstraat 11, Amsterdam, 1059 AT, The Netherlands