aifia-metrics - Re: Fw: [Aifia-metrics] Fw: Survey: gauging interest in the "W3Cusability interest group"

aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Towards standard methods and metrics for evaluating IA

  • From: Rashmi Sinha <rashmi AT rashmisinha.com>
  • To: <aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: [Aifia-metrics] Fw: Survey: gauging interest in the "W3Cusability interest group"
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 21:43:10 -0700

Hi everyone,

Livia and John: once the W3C usability group figures out what their plan is, we should definitely explore the possibility of participating through this (IA-metrics) group. In the meantime, lets focus on figuring out the goals for this group.

I just checked: this list has 18 members now. I am looking forward to hearing from you all about your goals in joining this list. What are the sort of issues related to IA and evaluation this group should focus on? What are the kind of frustrations regarding evaluation that you face in your own work?

As I described in the introductory message, my own goals for this group are fairly narrow. The idea is to create some sort of a sharing mechanism and repository for evaluation materials. Next time, we need to evaluate our designs, lets use or adapt materials created by our colleagues that are available from this repository. Over a period of time, such sharing should lead to the emergence of some standards.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
-Rashmi

PS: Livia , I should point out that you did not miss much by not looking at the archives for the list :-) There was one introductory post (from me) before your post.