acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Post a summary link broken; temporary workaround

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Post a summary link broken; temporary workaround
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:33:29 -0800

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com> wrote:
> The "post a summary" function has broken, looks like due to a
> MediaWiki upgrade leaving an extension broken. I am finally taking
> this as a kick to get access to the server, will fix as soon as I do.
> :)
>
> In the meantime I commented out the link in the sidebar, and added a
> note to http://acawiki.org/AcaWiki:How_to_edit about other ways to
> start pages.

Fixed.

To anyone who cares, I disabled
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ImageLink as it no longer
works with current MediaWiki. I believe a nice-looking but
non-functional icon was displayed somewhere on the summary form; this
is gone now.

However, it is great to be on an up to date MediaWiki version now, and
to have http://acawiki.org/Special:AbuseFilter installed (no rules
yet, but admins feel free...). Thanks to Mako for doing most of the
upgrade, AFAICT.

The site is running pretty slow, will update on migrating to a faster
server soon.

Mike