acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Automating quality control? i.e. Marking citation-only "summaries" (was Re: welcome new admin!)

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • To: jschneider AT pobox.com
  • Cc: "AcaWiki general \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Automating quality control? i.e. Marking citation-only "summaries" (was Re: welcome new admin!)
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 13:45:03 -0800

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj AT gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Great. Annnnnnd I just posted the 1000th article summary :)
>
> Sweet!

Yay!

> Last time I went through the database, there were some citation-only entries
> with no summary. Previously we've kept these, since adding citation data can
> be challenging.

I agree.

> It would be worth marking entries that need a summary. A few are tagged
> "needs summary" -- and there might be better ways to do this (especially
> making them more visible to encourage additions). Anybody know how to
> automate that?

It looks like the tag is
http://acawiki.org/index.php?title=Special:BrowseData/Summary&Tag=needs_summary

I don't know a way to automate. Summary in the semantic form isn't
rendered/queryable as a semantic property, I think due to limitations
on wikitext in and length of queryable properties, or I gather this
from http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Type_Text and
http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Type_String

Mike