acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki updates?

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki updates?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 23:14:21 +0800

We had a good discussion. Of course, we have the site running well on the community hosting gandi is providing us, so that is good. We'll make sure keep the site going and will try to pitch in when we can.

Thanks!

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com> wrote:
> Changing the subject so that this doesn't get lost.
>
> Glad that some folks have started picking up the slack on spam.
>
> How did the meeting with Mike go?

We discussed the obvious -- ads would not be a significant revenue
source at current traffic levels (I guesstimate $10/month; doesn't
really matter if I'm off by 10x or more) -- and that they'd probably
not be the best means to raise support even with lots of traffic.

As there's no monetary support on the horizon, I will eventually
address some of the bugs in my spare time, but if anyone else wants
to, would be most welcome. :)

I've some other thoughts regarding AcaWiki going back to Wikimania
that I will probably get to posting sooner...

Mike

--
Jon Phillips 王✳ http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)