acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki updates?

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • To: Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com>
  • Cc: pete <pete AT fabricatorz.com>, Spencer Young <spencer AT fabricatorz.com>, "AcaWiki general \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki updates?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:40:11 -0800

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com> wrote:
> Changing the subject so that this doesn't get lost.
>
> Glad that some folks have started picking up the slack on spam.
>
> How did the meeting with Mike go?

We discussed the obvious -- ads would not be a significant revenue
source at current traffic levels (I guesstimate $10/month; doesn't
really matter if I'm off by 10x or more) -- and that they'd probably
not be the best means to raise support even with lots of traffic.

As there's no monetary support on the horizon, I will eventually
address some of the bugs in my spare time, but if anyone else wants
to, would be most welcome. :)

I've some other thoughts regarding AcaWiki going back to Wikimania
that I will probably get to posting sooner...

Mike