acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] acawiki-general Digest, Vol 9, Issue 15

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: pitman AT stat.Berkeley.EDU (Jim Pitman)
  • To: dchandler AT gmail.com, acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] acawiki-general Digest, Vol 9, Issue 15
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:26:48 -0700

Dana Chandler <dchandler AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just curious, what is the current state of LaTeX support in acawiki?
> Is there a TexVC implementation?
> More broadly, what are people's thoughts on whether there should be
> equations, diagrams, and graphs in the academic summaries? I imagine that
> many of these would be confusing or not useful for a general audience, but
> would be necessary for it to be of any value to an academic audience.
> Any thoughts?

Essential to provide LaTeX support for any serious effort in mathematics and
related fields.
Michael Kohlhase's group at Bremen http://kwarc.info/ has state-of-the-art
tools
for LaTeX to XML/HTML support. They are the current maintainers/developers of
Bruce Miller's
LaTeXML http://trac.mathweb.org/LaTeXML/
If acawiki dev has any cycles for LaTeX support I suggest contacting Michael
for advice.
--Jim