acawiki-general - [acawiki-general] AcaWiki Now With Multiple Languages

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki Now With Multiple Languages
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:12:45 +0800

Hi all, Christopher added basic language support in Wikipedia style so
that pages can be translated. There is more that can be done, but for
we have a basic language policy which anyone can use to create a
translation of a page:

http://acawiki.org/AcaWiki:Language_policy

There is more to think about in terms of our summaries, and how to
represent them, and connect together translations, but this is a
start.

What languages do people speak on this list? Xiaowu from Fabricatorz
speaks mandarin so she translated the main page into simplified
Chinese.

I hope we can add Spanish and Arabic to the list of languages
supported soon, since those are very widely spoken as well.

The 2011.07 Roadmap items are targeted right now. If you want help
getting started, please respond to this email.

http://acawiki.org/Roadmap#2011.07

Cheers!

Jon

--