acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Fwd: pages without summaries?

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: Christopher Adams <christopher AT fabricatorz.com>
  • Cc: jschneider AT pobox.com, "AcaWiki general \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Fwd: pages without summaries?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:29:00 -0500

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Christopher Adams
<christopher AT fabricatorz.com> wrote:
> Any way that we can cut down on noise would be helpful. Visitors clicking a
> link expecting a summary shouldn't be confronted with a blank page or stub.

What do you mean? Is the blank page a varnish error? We need to file
these bugs...varnish is particularly annoying on acawiki....

> It's one thing to have a list of papers that need summarizing - this is
> precisely what we are doing on the 100 top papers list. But the individual
> summary pages do not need to be created until someone actually sits down and
> writes the summary.

One thing we can do is generate a nice little chart showing
completeness of the papers, with SMW...that would be cool.

> I would say that if a summary page has no content AND no other pages link to
> it, and it isn't recent, we should consider either deleting it or adding it
> to a category that we can filter out from the main pages.
>
> - Christopher

Yeah, I think we have to clean up, but have a deletion
timeline...better to ping the authors or attempting-to-be-authors and
try to get them on board. Quality is key on this project.

Jon