xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.3.9 released

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.3.9 released
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 00:16:32 +0000

I have uploaded XOM 1.3.9 to Maven Central. For Maven or gradle this
is xom:xom:1.3.9

There are no API or behavior changes in this release, in fact no Java
binary changes at all. However the Xerces dependency has been updated
to the latest release and Xalan has been removed completely.

I realized that for many JDK versions now the repackaged Xalan fork
that Oracle and others bundle into the JDK is fully sufficient for
XOM's needs. It might even be superior to the Apache version. There's
no longer any reason to carry around this extra dependency.

If no one notices anything majorly wrong with this release, I'll
update the XOM website and announce it more broadly in a few days.

elharo AT ibiblio.org

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.3.9 released, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 05/14/2023