xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] secure parsing

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Mike Wilson <mikewse AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "'XOM API for Processing XML with Java'" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] secure parsing
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:49:49 +0200

In the end I changed it to this which more closely resembles the suggestions
by OWASP:

XMLReader reader = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
reader.setFeature(
"http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities";, false);
reader.setFeature(
"http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities";, false);
reader.setFeature(
"http://apache.org/xml/features/disallow-doctype-decl";, true);
Builder builder = new Builder(reader);
Document doc = builder.build(new StringReader(value));