xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Electively preserving whitespace

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: <nu.xom AT io7m.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Electively preserving whitespace
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:30:22 +0000

Hello.

I'm processing some XML into XHTML, and have a few elements where
whitespace must be preserved (in order to essentially be inserted
directly into XHTML <pre> elements). I want to use the Serializer to
get indenting, but want to be able to avoid damaging the whitespace
inside the few elements where it should be preserved.

Is there a way to achieve this?