xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Illegal character in W3CDOM passed to XOM

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Illegal character in W3CDOM passed to XOM
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 15:10:17 +0100

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Elliotte Rusty Harold
<elharo AT ibiblio.org>wrote:

> Your analysis is correct. I suspect the original PDF contains the bad
> character, (well, bad for XML; probably not bad for PDF) and XOM is
> the first part of the chain to notice it.

Thanks. I agree. There could be all sorts of character encodings and image
data.

I noticed that XOM would prevent people doing this - good for XOM! and that
the W3C engine was tool lax and allowed invalid XML to be output. Ah well,
I'll probably cut out the W3C bit.

P.