xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Max Attribute Value Lengths

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Andrew Wisner <wisner AT uab.edu>
  • To: <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Max Attribute Value Lengths
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:19:59 -0500

I'm developing a web application with java server pages which records session information in an XML file. (It's basically just an XML log file.) In the file, I want to include long (>500 characters) attribute values. XOM is allowing me to write the long values to the file; I can open the file with a text editor and see that they're there. However, when I try to read the values with XOM and convert them to a string, I get something like this:

/command=/getImage&scaleSize=85#comman...

Is there a maximum attribute value length that XOM can read? Is there any way I can convert all of the attribute's value to a string without any getting chopped off from the end?

Thanks in advance for any help with this subject!

-- Andrew Wisner
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
The University of Alabama at Birmingham