xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Processing XML file of 4GB

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Geet Gangwar <geetgangwar AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Processing XML file of 4GB
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:12:41 +0530

Hi,

I have a requirement of processing large XML files of about 4GB. I am using
the NUX distribution to process the files.
But when I fire a Xquery to this read this file, I get JAVA Heap Space
error.

I am using 64bit JDK1.6 and also I have increased the JVM size to 5 GB by
-Xmx5G.

Please help me how to solve this problem.

I am pasting my sample code also.

String path = "/xbrli:xbrl/";
Map prefixes = new HashMap();
prefixes.put("xbrli", "http://www.xbrl.org/2003/instance";);
prefixes.put("link", "http://www.xbrl.org/2003/linkbase";);
prefixes.put("xlink", "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";);
prefixes.put("xsd", "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";);

StreamingTransform myTransform = new StreamingTransform() {
private Nodes NONE = new Nodes();

// execute XQuery against each element matching location
path
public Nodes transform(Element subtree) {
Nodes results = XQueryUtil.xquery(subtree,
"xbrli:context[id = 'c-01']");

for (int i=0; i < results.size(); i++) {
// do something useful with query results; here we
just print them

System.out.println(XOMUtil.toPrettyXML(results.get(i)));
}
return NONE; // current subtree becomes subject to
garbage collection
// returning empty node list removes current subtree
from document being build.
// returning new Nodes(subtree) retains the current
subtree.
// returning new Nodes(some other nodes) replaces the
current subtree with
// some other nodes.
// if you want (SAX) parsing to terminate at this
point, simply throw an exception
}
};

// parse document with a filtering Builder
StreamingPathFilter filter = new StreamingPathFilter(path,
prefixes);
Builder builder = new Builder(filter.createNodeFactory(null,
myTransform));
Document doc = builder.build(new File("F:/sample/cntxt.xml"));
System.out.println(doc.getRootElement().getValue());
System.out.println("doc.size()=" +
doc.getRootElement().getChildCount());
System.out.println(XOMUtil.toPrettyXML(doc));

Regards

Geet