xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Possible Bug: XOM Builder chokes on fixed optional attribute

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Possible Bug: XOM Builder chokes on fixed optional attribute
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:40:37 -0400

I haven't had time to investigate your example in detail. However I do
know that XOM doesn't have any schema processing of its own. It's all
delegated to Xerces, so it's more likely a bug in the schema.

On the other hand, XOM has tighter namespace checking than Xerces,
does not support XML 1.1, and does not implement some backwards
incompatible changes the W3C made to namespaces a couple of years ago
so it's possible you're running up against some sort of mismatch.
Just maybe you're running into this, though it doesn't look quite
right for that.

More likely though is what Michael Kay suggested. The schema processor
isn't putting the attribute into the namespace you think it is, or
isn't properly reporting the correct namespace to XOM. He knows this
stuff better than I do.

elharo AT ibiblio.org