xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Removing namespace declarations

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Removing namespace declarations
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 21:56:33 +0100

I have been processing XOM using XInclude and have somehow ended up with
XInclude namespace declarations on nodes, as in:

<module xmlns="http://www.xml-cml.org/schema"; xmlns:xi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
</module>

I'd like to get rid of them, ideally with XPath, but my reading of XOM
suggests that I cannot obtain namespace declarations with XPath. If I can't
do it this way is there a programmatic way of getting rid of them?

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics