xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Line end setLineSeparator

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Line end setLineSeparator
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 07:56:33 -0400

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM, denis queffeulou
<denis.queffeulou AT wedia-group.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering why the Serializer setLineSeparator method doesn't accept
> an empty String.
>
> Is is mandatory in XML to have line end returns ?

No but there is a difference between white space and no white space,
and sometimes between a space and a line separator. If you don't want
line breaks in your XML, then you need to not add them in the model
and don't use pretty printing from the serializer.

elharo AT ibiblio.org