xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Problem: Base URI for XInclude

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Problem: Base URI for XInclude
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:57:35 +0000

I have an XML document built of nested sub-entities (at present managed by
<!ENTITY>s in a DTD, but becoming unmanageable). I want to change from this
to XInclude (I hope this is a good decision! I have not used XInclude...)
but my first attempt with a simple single XInlcude throws:

nu.xom.xinclude.BadHrefAttributeException: Could not resolve relative URI
> anisospin.temp.xml because the xi:include element does not have a base URI.

The root of the document is created from an InputStream rather than a file
and I'm guessing that this is the problem. If so, is there a workaround or
can XOM/XInclude not be used with streams? OTOH if it's just my learning
curve please suggest other fixes.

TIA

P.

--