xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Has anyone experience using tag Soup to read Windows files on a Linux system?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: David Collier-Brown <davec-b AT rogers.com>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: davecb AT spamcop.net
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Has anyone experience using tag Soup to read Windows files on a Linux system?
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 20:08:58 -0500

This is perhaps as much a tag soup question as an XOM one, but I'm
trying to read a file created in a Windows character set and then copied
to our production Linux system.

Has anyone experience in explicitly setting the input character set so
that the sax parser, in this case tag soup, can interpret it properly?
I've experimented with setting the encoding with an InputSource, but
with no visible effect.

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown, | Always do right. This will gratify
davecb AT spamcop.net | -- Mark Twain