xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Parsing large element content in streaming mode

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Parsing large element content in streaming mode
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 05:18:00 -0500

Doesn't sound like you're missing anything. I suspect your use case is
just extreme enough that you maybe hitting some genuine limitations.

XML encryption is something I've thought about exploring for XOM. Can
you describe ina little more detail what methods you'd need to make
this work? I.e. if there's one method or two extra methods on Node or
Element or NodeFactory or some such that would make your job easier
then maybe I can add them. Though if you really need the possibility
to put gigabytes of text in one text node, that's going to require
somewhat more major surgery. Perhaps not impossible but not trivial.

elharo AT ibiblio.org