xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM vs JDOM: XML validation

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Christophe Marchand <christophe.marchand AT axyus.com>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM vs JDOM: XML validation
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:08:22 +0200

It could be quite easy to write a serializer that do not write valid XML... ;-)) I should have such an example in my first XML codes...

Christophe

On 17/09/2010 13:13, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:
Dear XOM developers!

Recently I found a nice talk of Elliotte Rusty Harold in [1], where it
is said that in JDOM it is possible to create a non-valid XML. And I
have a few questions here:

(a) It is mentioned, that JDOM does not make a validation of text nodes.
I have checked the latest JDOM v1.0 sources and this very validation is
in place (maybe it is buggy, but that is different story). I also
checked that node name validation is in place. So can anybody here write
a short piece of Java code for JDOM v1.0, that results an invalid XML?

(b) I wonder, if this invalid XML is converted to Java W3C DOM and then
passed to Xerces serializer, will it trigger Exception? I will certainly
try when I get (a).

[1] http://www.artima.com/intv/jdom2.html