xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Procesing very large text node

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Marcin Waldowski <marcin.waldowski1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Procesing very large text node
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:20:35 +0100

Hello.

I need to process XML which contains the following tag

<Object Encoding="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#base64"; Id="1"
MimeType="text/plain">
U29tZSBmaWxlIGNvbnRlbnQ=
</Object>

The text node of this tag contains base64 representation of some file. It
can be very big file (2GB is a good example). I need to calculate SHA1 of
that file.

Is it possible to process that tag with XOM in some clever way without using
lots of memory and without issuing OutOfMemoryError?

Regards
Marcin