xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Apparent Bug in XOMTestCase

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Apparent Bug in XOMTestCase
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:17:35 +0100

Thanks - the problem was that although we have spread 1.2.3 throughout most
of our system it happened that an early XOM version was being used in this
case. Problem has evaporated.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Elliotte Rusty Harold
<elharo AT ibiblio.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > In which case I suspect it's got an earlier version from somewhere.
> >
> > ** Is there a way of asking XOM to emit the version number? **
>

> Not unless you know the location of the jar file, and your problem may
> be you're not using the jar file you think you are so that doesn't
> really help.
>
> What I mean was that in future would it be possible to have XOM
functionality such as Node.getVersion() so that we wouldn't file bugs from
outdated versions.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust