xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] [Repost Bug] null children of parentNode

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] [Repost Bug] null children of parentNode
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 16:06:04 +0100

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Elliotte Rusty Harold
<elharo AT ibiblio.org>wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Peter Murray-Rust<pm286 AT cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I have isolated the problem with insertChild and am now running the
> latest
> > (today, 1.2.2 version of XOM). The following code allows the insertion of
> > child beyond child count and fills the intervening children as nulls:
> >

> If it's inserting nulls that's a bug. I'll try to look into it soon.

Thanks,

Yes it is filling with nulls, according to the Eclipse debugger which shows:

child child child null null null newChild

It should also (according to the docs) throw an exception when trying to do
this.

(I have tried it in a new project in Eclipse and hope I do not have any
classpath problems). It would be useful for other readers to attempt to
reproduce the bug in other environments.

P.