xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Serializer to stop adjusting whitespace - round trip problem

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Peter Taylor" <peter.taylor AT greenhat.com>
  • To: <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Serializer to stop adjusting whitespace - round trip problem
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:15:00 +0100

I have a problem with XOM 1.2.1 not round-triping attribute values when
indent/max length is set on the Serializer. Specifically it fails to
round trip the whitespace.

I have attached a couple of failing junit cases to illistrate the
problem.

The Serializer code javadoc suggests that the author knew of the
limitation.

Is this likely to be fixed / enhanced at some point?
Is there a known patchset that fixes my problem?
Is there a recommended work-a-round strategy to this?

I require indentation with a pseudo max length so that the resulting
output may be better viewed and diffed in editors and tools that may not
have intrinsic understanding of XML, and hence would view it as a text
file.

Any insights gratefully received,
Peter