xom-interest - [XOM-interest] defauilt namespace issue (continued)

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: T Benjamins <davidbowie2nl AT yahoo.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] defauilt namespace issue (continued)
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:24:33 -0700 (PDT)

Excuse me for the terrible encoding of my example from yesterday,
was surprised I got any response at all.... :)

But I was wondering if XOM should not throw an Exception of some
sort when you are trying to execute an XPath query with an XPathcontext
containing only the prefix "" and the default namespace URI, because,
apparently, according to the
the previous messages, you have to add the same URI again with a proper
prefix anyway to
get any result of some sort, using a valid prefix in your xpath.

Why not give an exception on an Xpath using a context with only the prefix ""
in it?

And why is it then possible to navigate through via XOM
(getFirstChildElement) using the the getNamespaceURI("") on e.g.
getFirstChildElement ??

greetings Tom