xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] remove xmlinclude attributes

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Jon Stockdill <jon.stockdill AT gmail.com>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] remove xmlinclude attributes
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:37:33 -0400

> xml:base is required by the spec to reproduce the correct infoset.
> However the xmlns="" looks weird. Is that actual, real output you're
> showing me? Or is maybe there a default namespace declaration on the
> parent document and not one on the child? If so, then it's necessary.
> If not, I suspect I can delete the xmlns="".

Thanks for the reply. As I googled, I did find xml:base is required.
I was able to get XOM to include the file successfully.

The xmlns was added, I think, because I had a targetNamespace in the
parent and none in the child. Once I added the targetNamespace in the
child, it disappeared.

The reason I had an issue w/ the xml:base attribute was because it was
failing to validate against my schema. Adding:

<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";
schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/xml.xsd"/>
and
<xs:attribute ref="xml:base"/>

Solved the problem. I found these referenced here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic1521.html

Armed with these fixes, I can use XOM, XInclude and JAXB together
successfully.

Thanks for the reply and excellent library.

--jon