xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] beginner questions

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'Vinicius Camargo'" <viniapes AT hotmail.com>, "'xom'" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] beginner questions
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:30:34 +0100

> 1) if I have the following .xml file:
>

> <map>w
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww<book>God - Deepak Chopraw
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww</book>w
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww<resource>w
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww</resource>w
wwwwwwwwwwwww</map>

> Does the corresponding Document for this file have
> three Text elements (one for each tag, in the 0 position of
> Elements of its tag), or only one Text element ("God - Deepak
> Chopra")?

It has five text nodes (not elements!), four of which contain whitespace
characters only. I have marked the contents of these nodes by filling them
out with "w" characters above.

Note also, your document above has 6 tags, two for each element. It helps to
get the terminology straight.

> 2) where do I find, on the web, complete documentation
> about the use of the xom?

Google for "XOM Javadoc".

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/