xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Classpath for running jar files

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "New, Cecil (GE Infra, US)" <cecil.new AT ge.com>
  • To: <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Classpath for running jar files
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:39:12 -0400

I have wanted to something like a number of times, namely, make a jar
that was self-contained with everything needed... A jar of jars.

Essentially that is how the .war format works; but as far as I could
tell, I'd have to develop my own loader - which I never got around to.

I'm sure the JNLP option would do the trick, but I have never heard of
it used outside of a web env... Ie, at the command line.

If you get it to work, I'd love to know the details.

Regards.
Cecil New