xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Change Namespace of all elements ?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Zerbst, Carsten" <Carsten.Zerbst AT PROSTEP.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Change Namespace of all elements ?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 06:22:18 -0800

Zerbst, Carsten wrote:
Hello,
I have a migration problem. I generated a lot off documents in the old namespace "blbla1.0". There is a new namespace "blbla2.0" available
which just has changes in elements NOT used in my documents. No I need to change the namespace of theses documents in a tool already based on XOM.

I don't have a full picture of what you're doing, but XSLT is likely the simplest solution: just an ID transform except for a namespace change. You'll likley need the xsl:element element. Or you could just recursively descend through the document with XOM and change each element. Or use a NodeFilter that does that when parsing.

Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA