xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Suppressing "[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file."

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Steve Loughran" <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Suppressing "[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file."
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:39:03 +0000

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Elliotte Rusty Harold
<elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Tatu Saloranta wrote:
>
>> I may be wrong here, but could it be that Xerces has a default
>> ErrorHandler that prints out problem descriptions to stdout (or has
>> hard-coded handling for the case where no listener is registered)?
>>
>> If so, you could replace it with an empty/dummy handler of your own to
>> resolve the problem.
>>

> Sadly, no. That doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't have any commit rights to xerces, and looking at the
contributions report, it looks like the team is fairly small. Adding a
test and a patch is the most likely way to get a fix in.

Regarding java6 divergence, well, Ant has happily shipped a copy of
Xerces since crimson was still popular; it does make fielding but
reports easier. Ask for an ant -diagnostics, look at the dumped XML
parser info and close the bug as WORKSFORME if they can't replicate it
with xerces. More of an issue for support calls is the XSL engine
divergence, as its memory consumption and scripting differences are
far more likely to break something like <junitreport>.

-steve