xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Human-readable specification of the Nux XPath/XQuery result serialization algorithm?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>, Wolfgang Hoschek <wolfgang.hoschek AT mac.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Human-readable specification of the Nux XPath/XQuery result serialization algorithm?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:37:18 -0700 (PDT)

It sounds like it would be great if someone was to outline functioning of at
least one of these implementations? (assuming there is interest in this thing)

That could serve as a proposal for standard wrapped format. It is probably
quite a bit of work to document, but people tend to find time to comment on
proposals even if they have no time to draft proposals from scratch.
And given that proposal would actually have an existing reference
implementation, it should be reasonably well grounded to reality (real use
cases, not impossible/impractical to implement).

-+ Tatu +-