xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Very high main memory consumption on compression level higher then 0

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Martin Schaaf <ms AT 101tec.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Very high main memory consumption on compression level higher then 0
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:18:26 +0200

Am 18.06.2008 um 21:49 schrieb Wolfgang Hoschek:

The native java.util.zip.Deflater/Inflater are used if the compression level is non-zero. Does the high mem usage go away if you reuse the same _binaryXMLCodec instance for all documents? If so, it probably has something to do with the Deflater and/or Inflater leaking memory or their finalizer not being called in time.

It goes away if I reuse the binaryXmlCodec object and I had to synchronize the access to this object.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

  • Re: [XOM-interest] Very high main memory consumption on compression level higher then 0, Martin Schaaf, 07/15/2008