xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] nu.xom.IllegalNameException with some specific sort of XML documents

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Ondřej Černoš <cernoso AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] nu.xom.IllegalNameException with some specific sort of XML documents
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:14:37 -0700

Ondřej Černoš wrote:
Hello all,

I use XOM in Spring-WS as the DOM of choice. I run into an exception
mentioned in the subject. The offending XML looks like this:

AbstractXomPayloadEndpoint. is trying to create the Document object
from the payload part of the document - with PAYLOAD_ROOT as the root
element of the Document.

The problem with the XML document is the redefinition of the namespace
in the payload root subelements. That is the thing that triggers the
exception.

Is it XOM bug or spring's incorrect XOM usage?

I have not been able to reproduce this. There was a bug in very early betas of XOM that might have triggered this behavior. However that hasn't been true since before 1.0.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!